I recently saw that someone had written a book about 365 days of kind acts and when I googled it, I realized there are so many people dedicating themselves to an act of kindness a day. I LOVE IT!!!
I am not sure that I can dedicate myself to one a day, but I am going to do my best to do as many random acts of kindness that I can. I will try to continue to add to this post so I can keep track of all of the things I have done — not looking for recognition, but rather self reflection.
I want to be able to look back at this and remember the joy I felt helping and doing nice things for others.
1. Offering to run beside a complete stranger and help them finish their first OCR — I ended up making friends for life because of this!
2. Donate $1 every time I make a purchase at PetSmart to help animals.
3. Replaced the toilet paper at the office when it was almost finished instead of leaving it for the next person — sometimes it is the small things 🙂
4. Donated $25.00 to help new friends raise money for a charity — they were challenged to do this by an event they are participating in.
5. Check in with someone who is having a tough time — my friends husband was just deployed and I know she must feel very alone and sad right now — I have been trying to be sure and check in with her, but want to also go meet up with her for a hike — I am actually the lucky one here as she is an amazing woman!
6. Couldn’t run Race for the Cure because it was the same day as IN Spartan Sprint, so donated the $ to a friends page who was raising money for Race for the Cure
7. Bought 2 of my friends Badass Socks — because they are Badass friends
8. Bring treats into the office to celebrate everyone’s birthday’s (before me, they didn’t celebrate birthdays)